The Few Things You Will Need
- a medium mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- airtight container
- wooden spoon
- 3/4 cup peanut, almond, or seed butter
- 2 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- water (as needed)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or "quick oats"
NOTE: do not use instant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 81 grams ReStructure Protein Powder, vanilla or chocolate
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the peanut butter, protein powder, rolled oats, flaxseeds, chocolate chips, honey, and chia seeds.
- With a wooden spoon, sturdy rubber spatula, or your hands, mix the dough together.
- Begin making 1 tbsp cookie scoops, and forming them into dough balls until all dough is used.
- Store dough balls in airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Getting The Right Consistency
Judge the dough’s consistency. Depending on how drippy your peanut butter is and your brand of protein powder, you may need to add water (if it is too dry) or additional protein powder or oats (if it is too wet and sticky). If you need to add water, add it 1 teaspoon at a time. If oats or protein powder, you can add a few teaspoons at a time.
The dough should be easy to roll into a ball, similar to yummy cookie dough. I recommended getting it to where you think it is just right then letting it sit for a few minutes. Sometimes the oats and protein powder will absorb additional moisture, and you will want to adjust as needed so that the balls are not dry.